Joint WG3 & WG5 Meeting
24-25 October 2018, University of Leiden, Netherlands
(update 17/10/2018) The program of the meeting is now available here.
The purpose of a joint workshop for WG3 & WG5 is to combine forces, knowledge and experience in the area of user-oriented design strategies and questions related to ethical involvement of users, legal regulations, and commercialization for creating a new language learning platform based on crowdsourcing.
This workshop is aimed at providing a space for presenting smaller and larger research, and at creating an opportunity for an intensive discussion that would lead to a mutual understanding of the above interdisciplinary, but related topics. The meeting will offer talks by keynote speakers on a relevant topic (to be announced later) and stimulate a brainstorming discussion on the presented contributions.
WG3 & WG5 topic description:
Motivational, ethical and legal issues in crowdsourcing
Contributions are welcome (but are not limited) to the following WG3 subtopics:
- Motivation / retention behavior of learners in educational platforms/applications, and games with a purpose (GWP)
- Motivation / retention behavior of content contributors in in educational platforms/applications, and games with a purpose (GWP)
- Motivation / retention behavior in crowd-sourced platforms/applications
- Defining attractive features for users in the current state-of-the-art of CALL and MALL
- The effect of gamification and gamified user interfaces (UIs) on a crowd of various users (learners, content providers) in educational platforms/applications, or games with a purpose (GWP)
- Studies of user interfaces (UIs) in educational platforms and applications
- Ethical issues in crowdsourcing or educational platforms or applications
- Legal issues in crowdsourcing or educational platforms or applications
- Ethics and gamification
- Commercialization strategies for crowdsourced educational platforms
- Adapting existing platforms to the new GDPR
- Abstract of 400 words (without references) to be sent to Branislav Bédi (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Frieda Steurs (email@example.com) with subject line “Paper submission WG3 & WG5 2018”
- Deadline for submission: 1 July 2018Notification of acceptance: 10 July 2018
- The organisers of WG3 & WG5 meeting will select the papers according to the relevance of the topic.
- Accepted papers will be invited to give a presentation or present a poster or a demo at the meeting, and will qualify for reimbursement.
- The accepted contributions will be made available on enetCollect website under WG3 & WG5 groups as a deliverable of the meeting.
- The organiser are also considering a joint publication and select papers will be invited for a contribution.
Further information about the event, accommodation and travel will be published on 10 July on the EnetCollect (Ilias) website, and an email notification sent via the relevant WG3 & WG5 emails.
WG3 & WG5 organising committee:
- Branislav Bédi, WG3 leader, University of Iceland
- Frieda Steurs, WG3 vice leader, Institute of Dutch Lexicology
- Tanneke Schoonheim, WG3 member, Institute of Dutch Lexicology
- Karën Fort, WG5 leader, Sorbonne University
- Katerina Zdravkova, WG5 vice leader, Cyril and Methodius Univeristy in Skopje
Information to be found on EnetCollect (Ilias) repository website.
Please send abstracts to both emails at the same time (before 1 July 2018):
Branislav Bédi (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Frieda Steurs (Frieda.email@example.com)