The Management Committee (MC) was the main decision body of a COST Action. It was composed by the group of representatives of all COST Members Countries, which have accepted enetCollect’s MoU. The MC was in charge of the coordination, implementation, and management of an Action’s activities as well as of supervising the appropriate allocation and use of the COST funding with a view to achieving the Action’s scientific and technological objectives.
The MC was comprised of up to two MC members per COST country participating in the Action. Each MC member from COST Full or Cooperating Member Countries was nominated by their respective COST National Coordinator (CNC) according to national procedures. CNCs also nominated MC substitute that on occasions such as meetings can replace an unavailable MC member.
The Action MC had the responsibility to:
- Define and manage the COST Action Strategy including planning of the networking activities necessary to achieve the COST Action objectives as outlined in the COST Action MoU;
- Define and manage the COST Action Structure, i.e. election of the Action Chair, Vice-Chair and selection of the Grant Holder, Working Group composition / membership, leadership and structure, and any other roles necessary to achieve the COST Action Objectives;
- Define the Work and Budget Plan for each Grant Period and ensure its implementation according to COST rules;
- Implement COST Policy and Rules;
- Decide whether to approve the participation of COST Full or Cooperating Member Countries, after 12 months from the CSO approval of the COST Action;
- Decide whether to approve the participation of institutions in Non-COST Countries and Specific Organisations, when requested;
- Establish specific provisions linked to the management, sharing, creation or exploitation of knowledge, including Open Access policies and Intellectual Property Rights that may arise from the COST Action’s activities. Such provisions must comply with national, European or international legislation and the need for protecting the participants’ legitimate interests;
- Perform the reporting duties (Progress Reports and Final Achievement Report) allowing for the monitoring and final assessment of the COST Action and financial reporting;
- Decide, among potentially eligible participants, the ones entitled to reimbursement.